Researcher Dr. Harry Witchel has announced he has found the world’s most bummer of a playlist.
By measuring heart rates, breathing, and skin temperature of people listening to music, Witchel has discovered these songs to be those most likely to drive you to suicide:
1. The Verve – The Drugs Don’t Work
2. Robbie Williams – Angels
3. Elton John – Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
4. Whitney Houston – I Will Always Love You
5. Sinead O’Connor – Nothing Compares 2 U
6. Will Young – Leave Right Now
7. Elvis Presley – Are You Lonesome Tonight
8. Christina Aguilera – Beautiful
9. James Blunt – Goodbye My Lover
10. Radiohead – Fake Plastic Trees
Bleh, whatever. I’m not sure I buy it. I guess the Sinead O’Conner song could piss off the catholics and the Christina Aguilera song would piss off anyone with musical taste. But I suppose either way I wouldn’t want to listen to these all in a row.
UPDATE: I’ve a made a playlist of these songs on iTunes. Or at least the ones iTunes carry.